Friday, April 30, 2010

Diver Dan the Scuba Cake Man

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have used marbled fondant on a cake.  It's not that I dislike the effect or anything, I just don't get a lot of cakes that call for that look.

But this SCUBA cake, now that's a different story!  I thought the blue marbled fondant really gave off that ocean look that this cake needed.  I didn't get a lot of direction on this cake, only that the birthday boy really liked diving.

I piped some seaweed and molded some fish, turtles, and starfish out of a chocolate mold.  I also hand molded some coral and the legs and flippers.

I thought it came out really cute!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. so cute!! I like 2 legs hanging out..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by at my blog!

    So cute cake, just to dive in :)

    Cheers,

    Gera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too Cute!

    Ok... where do I get a cute little Twitter bird to share on my blog? lol I gotta have that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! amazing job
    A kiss from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a scuba diver, I loved this cake! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the blog! I look forward to reading your comments!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails