Dalton Trade Center for a wonderful couple. The bride brought in a fabric swatch from her sari and wanted it represented as a major design element of her cake.
It was a fairly complicated design (see the gold diamond patterns) so we accomplished this by taking a picture of the fabric swatch and tracing the image on tracing paper with an ultra-fine Sharpie. I then colored in the tracing with a thicker Sharpie and scanned it on the computer. My hubby worked his computer magic and took the black and white image and made it a faint yellow. We then printed these patterns out on edible image paper. After that, I cut out each diamond and hand painted over the yellow with gold luster dust. Now normally I mix my dusts with Pure Grain Alcohol (PGA) but in this instance I needed some more working time so I used vodka instead.
Wow! So much going on!! And I haven't even got to the isomalt sugar gems we made for the centers! Oh well, this week's cakes aren't going to finish themselves, so that may have to be another story for another time! Thanks for stopping by!