Fairyland Club on Lookout Mountain.
The bride wanted a bow motif, but wanted it to be more relaxed, or "droopy" looking. I was using Wedding White Fondarific for the loops, and I added tylose. Guess what? Tylose and Fondarific doesn't get "gumpaste hard" like when you add it to regular fondant! Worked out well for me this time, but something to keep in mind in the future.
The loops and tails also needed a gold edge. To achieve this effect, I first tried rolling the fondant in a tight coil and painting the edges, but I had too much seepage. I then rolled out the strips and while they were still semi-stuck to my work surface, I painted the edges gold. Worked out very well!
Lastly, this bride wanted a "no border" border. I used a #6 tip to pipe a small buttercream rope where the 2 cakes meet. Then, while the cake is still very cold, I run my finger along the edge sealing the gap and wiping away any excess. Just like caulking around your sink!!
Hope you all had a happy holiday and we'll see you back here on New Year's Eve!