Tuesday, October 23, 2012
We wanted the cake to be a very bright color scheme, but still keep that baby blue motif. I printed out a few sheets of blue gingham on edible image sheets and used it as a border on each tier. I took one of the plates and used it to make templates for the whale, the turtle, and the "BOY" lettering. The bees were just too small to cut from modeling chocolate, so I printed them out on edible image sheets too.
We delivered this cake to the Rome Library and later that afternoon I got a call from Rodney. He said that everyone, including his sister, really loved the cake. That's the kind of feedback we like to hear!!